Lily Allen stuns fans with impromptu gig before making gondola exit
- Credit: Archant
Headliner Lily Allen stunned unsuspecting fans at Latitude by performing a secret impromptu waterside gig - before making her getaway in a gondola.
The singer surprised festival-goers on the Waterfront Stage at around 6pm when she strolled on with an entourage that included Dad, Keith, and children Ethel and Marnie Rose.
She then carried out a run through of recent track, As Long As I Got You, for Andrew Marr's Sunday show.
Crowds grew at the tiny stage as word of the secret show spread around the site, with the area packed ten minutes later.
She told the crowd it was 'wicked' to be headlining the festival, and gave Ethel a go at testing the microphone.
You may also want to watch:
She left to rapturous applause, exiting at the rear of the stage straight on to a gondola which whisked her away to the opposite shore.
She headlines the Obelisk Arena tonight.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 7 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 8 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars