Lily Allen stuns fans with impromptu gig before making gondola exit
- Credit: Archant
Headliner Lily Allen stunned unsuspecting fans at Latitude by performing a secret impromptu waterside gig - before making her getaway in a gondola.
The singer surprised festival-goers on the Waterfront Stage at around 6pm when she strolled on with an entourage that included Dad, Keith, and children Ethel and Marnie Rose.
She then carried out a run through of recent track, As Long As I Got You, for Andrew Marr's Sunday show.
Crowds grew at the tiny stage as word of the secret show spread around the site, with the area packed ten minutes later.
She told the crowd it was 'wicked' to be headlining the festival, and gave Ethel a go at testing the microphone.
You may also want to watch:
She left to rapturous applause, exiting at the rear of the stage straight on to a gondola which whisked her away to the opposite shore.
She headlines the Obelisk Arena tonight.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures