Win a pair of tickets to meet plantsman Piet Oudolf at Pensthorpe
An exclusive event at Pensthorpe Nature Reserve on 20th August will bring award-winning plantsman Piet Oudolf to the UK and you could win a pair of tickets to meet him. The ticket-only event was an instant sell-out with keen gardeners travelling all the way from Spain to attend, but the EDP exclusively has the final pair of tickets to give away to one lucky winner.
The winner (plus friend) will come along to the evening event on Saturday 20th August and get the chance to meet and pose questions to the acclaimed landscape artist who has been awarded prestigious horticultural accolades including 'Best in Show' at the Chelsea Flower Show and an Excellence in Design award from the Art Commission in New York.
The event will consist of informal tours of his Millennium Garden at Pensthorpe, which he has designed and re-designed over the past decade. There will also be evening drinks looking out over the Reserve and an opportunity to listen to Piet's musings on garden design along with his inspirations.
His Millennium Garden at Pensthorpe delights visitors all year round, with a range of seasonal plants and vibrant colours as well as the mix of wildlife from butterflies to nesting birds. It's also considered one of the most impressive and important examples of his work in the UK.
How to enter:
- 1 Flames grip barn in north Norfolk
- 2 Café serving produce fresh from its farm opens in north Norfolk
- 3 Parked cars prevent buses from serving north Norfolk village
- 4 Fewer than half of village's homes occupied by full-time residents
- 5 'Significant construction' on A47 to begin in 2023
- 6 Norwich's 'hidden' church added to at risk list
- 7 'Quirky' two-bed cottage in Wymondham on sale for £350k
- 8 7 major events to look forward to in Norfolk in July
- 9 West Norfolk town centre road closed following two-vehicle crash
- 10 Blaze sees 20 passengers evacuated from city bus
For your chance to win, answer the following question -
What's the name of the garden Piet Oudolf designed at Pensthorpe?
A) Millennium Garden
B) Century Garden
C) Annual Garden
Click the link at the top of the next column to enter.
Terms and conditions:
The closing date for this competition is Friday August 12, 2011. Standard Archant competition rules apply - follow the Terms & Conditions link on this website.
Tickets are not refundable and must be used on 20th August 2011. The event starts at 6pm and finishes at 8.30pm. In the unlikely event that the evening gets cancelled, Pensthorpe will arrange an alternative prize.