When are the last posting dates for Christmas 2016?
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The thought of sending a Christmas card may not have crossed your mind yet, but the final posting dates for the festive season are fast approaching. To help you remember, Royal Mail is launching a special postmark. Here's everything you need to know:
The launch of the postmark marks just eight days until the last date for First Class mail - Wednesday, December 21.
Royal Mail has been planning its festive operations since April and is currently preparing to handle millions of items a day in the run up to Christmas.
The special postmark will be applied to UK stamped mail from Tuesday, December 13 and will say 'It's Christmas time! Last posting dates, First class: 21 December, Second class: 20 December'.
A spokesman for Royal Mail, said: 'We don't want there to be any disappointed faces on Christmas morning so we are urging consumers to remember the last posting dates and get their presents and cards in the post early.'
You may also want to watch:
Here's a look at all the posting dates you need to know:
• UK Service
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
Tuesday, December 20 - UK 2nd Class and 2nd Class Signed For
Wednesday, December 21 - UK 1st Class and 1st Class Signed For
Thursday, December 22 - Special Delivery Guaranteed
Friday, December 23 - Special Delivery Saturday Guaranteed
Those still wanting to write to Santa should mail wishlists and cards to this address: