Time Team favourite heads for Norwich Romans event
- Credit: Archant
A former regular from Channel 4's long-running popular archaeology series Time Team is to be a guest speaker at a Norwich conference.
Time Team favourite Guy de la Bedoyere will be one of the speakers at a major conference on Roman East Anglia to be held at UEA later this month.
The historian and broadcaster became known to millions of television viewers in his role as one of the resident experts on the popular Channel 4 series.
Mr de la Bedoyere - who actually began his working life at Norwich Union in the city in 1976-77 before starting his academic career - will talk about 'The Real Lives of Roman Britain'.
He is one of five guest speakers at the conference, organised by the Norfolk Archaeological and Historial Research Group and taking place at the Centre of East Anglian Studies on Saturday July 22 (9.45am-5.15pm).
You may also want to watch:
Places are £27 for non-NAHRG members, to include a buffet lunch. Bookings via firstname.lastname@example.org or 01953 453915.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 5 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 9 'Pray for Paul today' - wife's plea as gallbladder op victim faces surgery
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146