The Queen’s Head in Wymondham reopens this weekend with new look, new owner and new chef
- Credit: Archant
The Queen's Head in Wymondham reopens.
A 17th century pub at the heart of a Norfolk village is set to reopen tomorrow with a brand new look.
Formerly known as Kindreds before its shock closure last year, the Queen's Head in Wymondham has returned to its original name and has been totally revamped by new owner, businesswoman Victoria Anderson.
Victoria has vowed to stick true to the pub's roots of being a welcoming, independent family business, with the pub and restaurant interiors updated to highlight the building's many unique original features.
Doors open tomorrow for drinks, with food available from December 7. Head chef Tom Navarro, previously of Brasteds, has developed his menu around seasonal and locally available produce, with pub classics and monthly changing specials at sensible prices.
Offerings in December will include a starter of bubble and squeak cake with fried duck egg, or of pressed chicken and leek terrine with shallot jam, onion crumbs and sourdough. Or how about deeply savoury oxtail croquette with beer pickled onions, watercress and beef sauce?
Main courses range from curried smoked haddock risotto with onion bhaji and minted yoghurt soft egg to Cumberland sausage ring with chive mash, roasted carrot and roasted onion gravy.
- 1 Vicar at heart of bitter church row resigns
- 2 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 3 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 4 Murder jury hears how 'angry' father ran over teenage daughter
- 5 Most desirable places to live in Norfolk according to estate agents
- 6 Festival-goers 'in the dark' over refunds following cancellation
- 7 Gallery of pictures from the Royal Norfolk Show's first day
- 8 Five-bed farmhouse with attached orchard and glamping site for sale
- 9 Fears access road for new housing will be built on sacred land
- 10 Village pub reopening after £200k refurbishment
While vegetarians can expect a wild mushroom and spinach linguine, or butternut squash and spinach burger.
To finish? Dive into white chocolate panna cotta with honeycomb, salted caramel and chocolate powder, frozen lemon parfait with slate meringue shards, lemon curd and crispy bits, and spiced orange bread and butter pudding with orange syrup and marmalade ice cream.
Victoria says: 'It is important an effort is made to keep businesses such as The Queen's Head open to serve the local community. It is a challenge as lifestyles have changed over the years and certainly since the 1700s when it first opened. We hope that by offering a wide range of ales, including local brewers, and introducing freshly prepared food to enjoy in a comfortable and relaxed environment, that the residents of Wymondham and visitors to the town will get behind the venture.'