The EDP says: On your bike, idiotic vandals
- Credit: Archant
Norwich has a long and immensely proud history of being an open and welcoming place, going right back through the centuries.
It's a shame therefore to see a very tiny minority of people giving such a nasty reception to the oFo sharing bikes that were launched in recent weeks.
A few have been thrown in the river, while another of the yellow cycles has been vandalised.
MORE: WATCH: New yellow oFo sharing bikes pulled from Wensum after vandals throw them inIt's not a good start to their life in the city, and does not do Norwich's reputation any favours - nor the reputation of its citizens.
The 350-strong army of cycles is a positive addition to our transport options, and should make a significant contribution to people's fitness, by encouraging them to get out of their cars.
Many people all over Norwich have already had a go at using them, not misusing them.
You may also want to watch:
We trust that the initial idiocy will die down, allowing the oFo cycles to be enjoyed by all.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 10 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel