Take a look at the moment a seal pup is born on Horsey Beach
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk photographer couldn't believe his eyes when he witnessed a seal giving birth on Horsey Beach on a day off from work.
Clive Eaton, a photographer and author from South Walsham, took a trip with his wife to the north-east Norfolk coast on Friday morning hoping to make the most of the good weather.
But the couple got more than they bargained for when they noticed a female seal on her own.
His wife suggested it may be preparing to give birth as it seemed unsettled.
Clive said: 'Within a few minutes her waters broke, and then several more minutes later the pup appeared.
'It was such a pleasant experience to witness a new life appear in front of us.
'I managed to get a photo of the pup being born and the mother looking as if she had a delighted smile on her face.
- 1 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 2 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 4 Recycling centre closures planned as part of £15m County Hall cuts
- 5 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
- 6 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'
- 7 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 8 Police called after sudden death at home near Norwich
- 9 Where you can see the Battle of Britain memorial flypast today
- 10 Classic car show back this weekend with over 700 vehicles
'We waited around for a few more minutes just watching the mother and pup bond.