Take a look at the moment a seal pup is born on Horsey Beach
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk photographer couldn't believe his eyes when he witnessed a seal giving birth on Horsey Beach on a day off from work.
Clive Eaton, a photographer and author from South Walsham, took a trip with his wife to the north-east Norfolk coast on Friday morning hoping to make the most of the good weather.
But the couple got more than they bargained for when they noticed a female seal on her own.
His wife suggested it may be preparing to give birth as it seemed unsettled.
Clive said: 'Within a few minutes her waters broke, and then several more minutes later the pup appeared.
You may also want to watch:
'It was such a pleasant experience to witness a new life appear in front of us.
'I managed to get a photo of the pup being born and the mother looking as if she had a delighted smile on her face.
- 1 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 2 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 3 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 4 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 5 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 6 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 7 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 8 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'
- 9 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 10 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
'We waited around for a few more minutes just watching the mother and pup bond.