How Duchess showed yet again that she’s a true royal
- Credit: PA
It was no accident that the Duchess of Cambridge looked immaculate as she cradled her newborn this week, says Rachel Moore.
The Duchess of Cambridge is no Wonderwoman, she simply takes her duty seriously.
She didn't emerge looking perfect on the steps of the exclusive Lindo Wing just hours after giving birth by accident, or because she wanted to.
It was what she had to do, what the public expects and the Royal Family delivers.
She looked whacked, but, like any post-partum woman, she probably wanted to get home and was fired with adrenalin and excitement about her newborn.
You may also want to watch:
Her stylist, hairdresser and make-up artist were on hand to work wonders.
The public simply wouldn't accept her waddling out in jogging bottoms and slippers. The public gets what the public wants. It's her job, and she has to take it seriously.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
That's why few of us would trade our normal humdrum lives with her, for all the Jimmy Choos in the palace.
Health and safety wise, the combination of high heels, holding a baby, negotiating steep steps hours after delivery felt like it broke every rule in the book.
Rather her than the rest of us.