How Duchess showed yet again that she’s a true royal
- Credit: PA
It was no accident that the Duchess of Cambridge looked immaculate as she cradled her newborn this week, says Rachel Moore.
The Duchess of Cambridge is no Wonderwoman, she simply takes her duty seriously.
She didn't emerge looking perfect on the steps of the exclusive Lindo Wing just hours after giving birth by accident, or because she wanted to.
It was what she had to do, what the public expects and the Royal Family delivers.
She looked whacked, but, like any post-partum woman, she probably wanted to get home and was fired with adrenalin and excitement about her newborn.
You may also want to watch:
Her stylist, hairdresser and make-up artist were on hand to work wonders.
The public simply wouldn't accept her waddling out in jogging bottoms and slippers. The public gets what the public wants. It's her job, and she has to take it seriously.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 6 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
That's why few of us would trade our normal humdrum lives with her, for all the Jimmy Choos in the palace.
Health and safety wise, the combination of high heels, holding a baby, negotiating steep steps hours after delivery felt like it broke every rule in the book.
Rather her than the rest of us.