Royal Norfolk Show 2017: Dogs put on a Collie good show
- Credit: Ian Burt
Norfolk's pets proved they could put on a paw-fessional show as they leapt around the courses at the Countryside Ring.
From agility demonstrations from the Norfolk Dog Training Society (NDTS) to fly balling demonstrations, to a display from the Mid Norfolk Gundog Club, everything was on offer to an adoring audience.
Trainer Julia Morter and her dog Ellie train with the NDTS a few times a week.
The Barford resident said: 'Ellie really enjoys it, she doesn't know she's working.'
Ellie is now a grade 7 trained dog, meaning she can compete at Championship level.
You may also want to watch:
Julia, 70, continued: 'She's obsessed with hedgehogs too, she loves playing with them! Her incentive in the shows is treats, little bits of fried fish usually. I do sometimes leave them in my pockets though and then put it in the wash which isn't nice!'
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 7 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 8 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 9 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 10 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk