Reader letter: Did you attend Sunday school?
- Credit: Archant
This reader is looking for people who attended a Sunday school in Norwich.
Did you attend Sun Lane (later Rosebery Road) Sunday School?
At Rosebery Road Methodist Church we are about to celebrate 200 years since the early beginnings of a Sunday school from which the church eventually developed. This is taking the form of a Flower Festival on the theme of childhood, which will include an exhibition of 200 years of Sunday school history.
The festival will be open on Saturday and Sunday, May 5 and 7 from 10.30am to 4.30pm, and on Sunday, May 6 from noon, following a special celebration service at 10.30am. We would love to see as many former Sunday School members as possible at this event, so if any of your readers ever attended the Methodist Sunday School, I would be very glad if they would get in touch for further details. Contact 01603 423535, email@example.com.
We hope former Sunday school members will meet with one another over a buffet lunch following the service. I am also interested in collecting as many memories of Sunday school days as possible.
You may also want to watch:
Do you have a letter for us? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 6 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 7 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 8 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 9 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 10 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes