Reader letter: Did you attend Sunday school?
- Credit: Archant
This reader is looking for people who attended a Sunday school in Norwich.
Did you attend Sun Lane (later Rosebery Road) Sunday School?
At Rosebery Road Methodist Church we are about to celebrate 200 years since the early beginnings of a Sunday school from which the church eventually developed. This is taking the form of a Flower Festival on the theme of childhood, which will include an exhibition of 200 years of Sunday school history.
The festival will be open on Saturday and Sunday, May 5 and 7 from 10.30am to 4.30pm, and on Sunday, May 6 from noon, following a special celebration service at 10.30am. We would love to see as many former Sunday School members as possible at this event, so if any of your readers ever attended the Methodist Sunday School, I would be very glad if they would get in touch for further details. Contact 01603 423535, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope former Sunday school members will meet with one another over a buffet lunch following the service. I am also interested in collecting as many memories of Sunday school days as possible.
You may also want to watch:
Do you have a letter for us? Write to us at email@example.com
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 4 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 5 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 6 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 7 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 8 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 9 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 10 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help