Reader letter: Searches seemed to be pointless at Take That
- Credit: Archant
What a night! Wonderland was wonderful! We are used to the big names passing us by here in Norfolk, as though it isn't worth them coming, but Take That proved them all wrong.
It was lovely just to be able to catch a local bus into Riverside in order to see a world class show instead of having to travel to London or Birmingham. A huge thank you to Take That for giving us such an thrilling night out, and please come back before too long!
Hopefully, in the future, other acts will see Norwich as a credible venue and Norfolk will benefit from all the people who come in from all over the country, especially as some fans follow their idols to all the venues.
However, I was somewhat bemused by the security arrangements. When I entered The Village, all bags were being searched and all visitors were being scanned. But, two hours later when I went to find my seat in the Barclay Stand, I had to leave the secure area and queue behind the stand. When I reached the front of the queue, my bag was given only a cursory peep inside and there was no-one doing body searches.
People were just walking straight off the street, onto the queue and into the stadium without being searched at all, which made the searches into The Village rather pointless and a waste of time.
You may also want to watch:
All in all though, it was a very happy day for everyone there. Take That were absolutely first class; I'm still in Wonderland and am unlikely to come back down to Earth for quite some time yet!
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 3 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 4 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 5 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 6 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 10 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion