Reader Letter: What on earth is Norfolk County Council thinking?
- Credit: Archant
One reader has expressed frustration after reading about Norfolk County Council's spending plans.
I've just read that they are about to spend £24m (which will total to around £60m including money already spent) on revamping County Hall at the same time as proposing to take money from the benefits disabled people receive from central government to help them live a half decent life.
These people have disabilities so are already worse off than the rest of us. This will only make them more so. How can you live with yourselves?
It's obvious how ignorant you are about how people with disabilities live their lives and what and who they have to depend on to do so and yet you are able to make decisions which will affect their lives so drastically.
This is not only unbelievable, but heartless, disgraceful, outrageous and quite frankly obscene.
You may also want to watch:
Do you agree with our reader? Let us know in the comments below or write to us at email@example.com
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 6 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 7 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 8 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 9 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit