Reader letter: Three cheers for Trash Girl!
- Credit: Archant
One reader believes the fantastic Nadia Sparkes is the 'Trash Princess of Norwich'.
May I call the 'Trash Girl' Nadia Sparkes the 'Trash Princess of Norwich?'
MORE: Hellesdon High School pupil nicknamed 'trash girl' by bullies refuses to stop collecting litter It has awoken a niggle I have had for years.Most motorists and others have a dustbin at home so any rubbish we collect in our cars could then be taken home and put in our refuse bins, it only takes seconds to do.MORE: 'What an inspirational young lady' - Community rallies around 12-year-old 'trash girl'I have seen a neighbour who works for the council day after day along country roads picking up loads of rubbish. Also our ditches are filled with car tyres, TV sets, sofas, armchairs and other items.
When will people realise that when they dump their rubbish it puts more money on the council tax they have to pay. It is not rocket science; take it home or to the tip.
Three cheers to Nadia, long may she collect the trash that irresponsible people dispose of so carelessly.
Does it really take a young school girl to wake people up to stop being so lazy and irresponsible?
You may also want to watch:
What do you think of our nation's litter problem? Email EDPletters@archant.co.uk
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 7 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 8 Hethersett high school sends pupils home after four coronavirus cases
- 9 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 10 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford