Reader Letter: Drivers should use car park
- Credit: PA
Do you agree with Mr McMaster that these drivers should use the car parks?
On Easter bank holiday Monday, for over two hours, approach roads in Norwich for Castle Mall and Riverside multi-storey car parks saw long delays due to cars queuing to park.
Through traffic therefore being delayed by at least 30 minutes. This affected my service on Norwich's open top tour bus as traffic flow was problematic.
If only these drivers would have headed to the new Rose Lane car park, which is just a five minutes walk from both Castle Mall and Riverside.
At the height of the delays Rose Lane car park signs were showing nearly 200 spaces!
You may also want to watch:
If this car park was used I am sure the queues would diminish giving consideration to through traffic and keep the roads moving more freely.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 4 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 5 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 6 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 7 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 8 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 9 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast