Reader Letter: Cyclists should be on paths
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
As the council soon makes its mind up about the permission of cyclists riding on pathways in the city.
It was mentioned that this would be very dangerous especially in light of the death caused in London that was in the news last week.
However statistically it's safer for everyone for cyclists to be able to ride on pathways.
I myself am a pedestrian but I know the recent accident was quite a freak one and perhaps one or two deaths will be caused this year by pedestrians being hit on pathways by the pedal powered menace.
Yet there will be more than one or two deaths this week on Britain's roads as huge lorries cause much more harm to cyclists who are not permitted the safety of the pathway.
You may also want to watch:
We need to be encouraging cycling as the roads become more busy with traffic and it's safer for everyone if cyclists join us considerately on the pathways.
I implore the council to save lives and the environment in their decision!
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 6 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
Adam Jackson, Unthank Road, Norwich