Reader Letter: Cyclists, it’s time you grew up!
- Credit: Archant
On Sunday I was driving from Horning towards Wroxham along a road which has a purpose-built cycle path costing over £1m, when I met a group of around 10 MAMIL (middle aged men in Lycra - or cyclists as they are more normally referred as).
Following this group were 31 cars trying to overtake but with the riders two and three abreast this clearly was just not going to happen.
When are these cyclists going to accept that there are other road users (who, by the way pay to use the road)?
I have been in this situation myself and just like the frustrated drivers today, have faced rudeness, and threatening behaviour from these people who clearly feel that they have priority over all other road users.
It's time they grew up and acted responsible and dropped the 'attitude'.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Gilden, Ropes Hill, Horning
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 6 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend