Quiz: Could you pass your theory test if you had to take it again?
- Credit: PA
A social experiment carried out by ingenie has shown several experienced drivers fail a driving test, prompting a call for driving skills to be taught in schools from the age of 15. If you were to retake your theory test, how would you fare? Take the quiz and find out.
A driver insurance brand for young people is calling for schools to add hazard perception to their syllabus following a social experiment to discover whether experienced drivers could pass their driving test, theory test and hazard perception 20 years after passing for the first time.
During the experiment, participants Tracey, aged 45 and Lester, aged 51 can both be seen to fail their theory and hazard perception getting less than the required 43 out of 50 on their theory tests and less than 58pc on the hazard perception.
According to ingenie, these scores could have been improved if the knowledge had been introduced at an earlier age.
Richard King, ingenie CEO says, 'We know that the frontal cortex of the brain, the part that processes hazard perception and risk, is often not fully developed until the age of 25. If schools introduced hazard perception techniques to pupils before they even reach driving age, teenagers would have a much better awareness of hazards and how to plan for them, ultimately leading to safer road behaviour.'
You may also want to watch:
Do you agree? Take the test and find out how much you can remember. You need to score at least 86pc to pass, so if your quiz score is less than 15, you might want to consider brushing up on your driving knowledge.
• Share your scores in the comments below and let us know whether or not you were surprised by your results.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 6 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 7 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 GP warns surgery 'is at breaking point' due to village expansion