What’s so great about Taverham? Village named as one of most desirable places in England
- Credit: Archant
The village north-west of Norwich has been named as one of the most desirable places to live in England.
A Royal Mail survey of postcodes in the UK revealed the best places to live, with the NR8 postcode of Taverham number four in the top 10.
Bebington in Merseyside was the top of the list.
Green spaces, affordable housing and commuting times were all looked at in the study by the Centre for Economic and Business Research.
The top 10 in England are:
CH63 - Bebington, Wirral
- 1 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 2 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 4 Recycling centre closures planned as part of £15m County Hall cuts
- 5 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 6 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
- 7 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'
- 8 5 new shop openings in Norwich to look forward to
- 9 Where you can see the Battle of Britain memorial flypast today
- 10 Care home which has sat empty for four years to be revived by new owners
IP5 - Kesgrave, Ipswich
LA15 - Dalton-in-Furness, Cumbria
NR8 - Taverham, Norfolk
FY6 - Poulton-Le-Fylde, Blackpool
DT1 - Dorchester, West Dorset
WA1 - Warrington, Cheshire
CH62 - Eastham, Wirral
CH45 - Wallasey, Merseyside
LA13 - Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria
But what makes Taverham such a great place to live? Leave your comments below.