Buy this home built in the reign of Queen Elizabeth I
Buy this house which dates to 1580, the reign of Elizabeth I and full of original features like mullioned windows and exposed timbers.
Tudor Cottage, Crossing Road, Palgrave is for sale for a guide price of £475,000.
It offers lots of historic features; its structure is an oak frame and it boasts wall and ceiling timbers as well as mullioned windows. The ground floor has been lowered to ensure good ceiling heights and while there are some low cross timbers on the first floor landing, the partly-vaulted ceilings in the bedrooms and bathroom more than compensate. The flooring on the ground floor is laid mainly with pamments and the bedrooms are carpeted, with the landing and bathroom having exposed original wide floor boards.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR
The kitchen offers modernity; Shaker style units are set off beautifully with Corian work surfaces and there is a solid oak floor. The current owners have recently installed an impressive new shower room with underfloor heating. The dining room easily accommodates a large dining table while you also have a conservatory. Upstairs are three delightful bedrooms and a bathroom. Outside the owners have indulged their passion for gardening and the front garden features specimen trees and a variety of attractive roses, shrubs and perennials. There is a a summer house and terrace.
The straw thatched roof is in good repair and if well maintained is expected to last at least another 20 years, say the agents. The ridge was re-done approximately two years ago.
For more information, contact TW Gaze on 01953 641341.