See how the owners of a shooting lodge for sale have turned it into an amazing home
See how the owners of this Victorian shooting lodge for sale at Bylaugh Park have turned it into a fantastic home, hidden away in 10 acres of parkland with only the birds as neighbours.
If you are looking for a property tucked away in its own 10 acre setting, with only the wildlife to disturb you, The Shooting Box at Bylaugh, could be for you.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 5 Revealed: Norfolk's hotspots for Japanese Knotweed in 2021
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Tractors and harvesters sold as farming family retires after 100 years
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 King's Lynn man admits inciting children to engage in sex acts
How many properties boast this kind of setting in grounds including large private woodland, a walled cottage garden and lawns?
It is situated in the corner of Bylaugh Park Estate, where Bylaugh Hall itself sits, currently undergoing a programme of renovation.
The Shooting Box dates to 1850 and it has been extended to create a unique home.
It would have been the lodge where the shooting party from the hall would have enjoyed food before going out into the woodland - and then retired to afterwards.
But look at it now; inside are three lovely reception rooms, a kitchen, a lobby with a study area, a utility, four bedrooms, two shower rooms and a bathroom.
Outside is a spacious outbuilding within the grounds which offers a superb opportunity for development into a detached annexe, holiday home, office, workshop or stabling (subject to obtaining the usual planning permissions) and it should be noted that high speed broadband (via BT) is available.
In addition to the ample parking available, there is also a timber garage, an open fronted cart lodge, a summerhouse, greenhouse and enclosed garden.
The Shooting Box, Bylaugh Park, near Dereham; for sale for £750,000 with Sowerbys on 01362 693591.