The Old Rectory in Hillington could be yours for £700,000
- Credit: Archant
The Old Rectory in Hillington, near King's Lynn, is for sale for £700,000.
Of the top three most expensive homes sold in Norfolk in October, number one was a vicarage and the next two were both rectories.
There is something very appealing about such properties which offer the best of two worlds; seclusion and privacy yet they are usually close to everyday life too.
The other benefit, as with this one for sale, is that usually they are not listed meaning you can, subject to the necessary planning consents, alter them to make them even more suitable for a modern family lifestyle.
The Old Rectory in the charming village of Hillington has indeed been added to over the years - it has been a restaurant and nursery school in its more recent life before being bought as a family home.
You may also want to watch:
It is a really substantial property and comes with the flexibility of an annexe which can be accessed from inside the main house but does have its own front door meaning you could let it or perhaps use it as a holiday home.
There is also a very good second self contained annexe which would be ideal for converting into office use if you need to work from home.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 3 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 4 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 5 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 6 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 7 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 10 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
However, the main house is indeed really comfortable and ideal for a growing family with a large country kitchen and utility, a spacious hall and a super original staircase with an Arts and Crafts style bannister.
You have a main drawing room but also a second sitting room/snug which overlook the gardens and plenty of original features in the form of sash windows and fireplaces.
It has incredibly high ceilings and although is a manageable home, does also have a feeling of grandeur so it comes as no surprise that it was originally built for the Ffolkes family, descending from a baronet, and very influential in this part of Norfolk - indeed the Ffolkes Arms stands testament to this in the village.
You have plenty of space with bedrooms over two floors and many have the original fireplaces and are spacious with in-built wardrobes and gorgeous views over the rear gardens.
But what really makes this an appealing proposition in terms of lifestyle is the fact this village is very well connected - you can get the bus from right outside which will take you into King's Lynn and from there you can get the train to London.
So this could be a house for someone who needs to commute to the capital but who wants the family to live in the country. Hillington itself has a shop and pub, all within walking distance.
Outside, you have palatial gardens but you have other houses nearby meaning you can feel part of the community.
Again - the best of both worlds.
• The Old Rectory, Hillington is for sale for £700,000 with Jackson-Stops & Staff on 01328 801333.