This beautiful Grade II listed village home is up for sale in Norfolk – and it’s in need of renovation
- Credit: Archant
A substantial village home in South Walsham has come on the market and would make the ideal renovation project for someone looking to relocate to a quiet rural village.
Some structural work has already been completed on the L-shaped property, which is available with Savills at a guide price of £600,000. It’s believed to date back to the 17th century, with later additions, and is constructed of mellow red brick under a partly pantile and partly thatched roof, which was re-ridged and dressed in 2015.
The house has been in the same family’s ownership since the 1970s and has been a much-loved family home, with plenty of period detail and country, farmhouse-style charm. Now it’s on the market for the first time in almost 50 years, ready for a new lease of life and in need of renovation, refurbishment and decoration to bring it up to modern standards.
Accommodation comprises three reception rooms plus a kitchen/breakfast room, study, larder and utility room on the ground floor. There are five bedrooms, including one en suite, and two bathrooms upstairs.
There’s a large gravelled turning area outside the property, as well as ornamental shrubs and trees including a variegated maple.
You may also want to watch:
Several outbuildings form an attractive courtyard, screening the house from the village street to the north.
The majority of the south and east-facing garden is laid to lawn, well-screened by mature hedging and shrubs. The grounds extend to approximately 0.9 of an acre, with adjoining farmland to the south.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 5 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 Revealed: Norfolk's hotspots for Japanese Knotweed in 2021
- 8 Tractors and harvesters sold as farming family retires after 100 years
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
For more information, please contact Savills on 01603 950239.