What is the link between Colman’s Mustard and this converted church, now for sale?
A converted church building in Topcroft, Bungay, which is now for sale, was created with the help of funds bequeathed in the will of Jeremiah Colman, of Colman's Mustard.
Delf Memorial Church, Topcroft Road, is for sale for £550,000 with William H Brown, after being converted into a beautiful home. The church was built in 1898, believed to be designed by the renowned architect Edward Boardman who designed the original Norfolk & Norwich Hospital and many other buildings in and around the city including the conversion of the castle into a museum.
- 1 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 2 Two men charged with murder after death in Downham Market
- 3 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 4 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 5 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 6 Concerns raised over fate of junior school site
- 7 Father in court charged with murder of his teen daughter
- 8 Farm launching wild camping with breakfast hampers and street food nights
- 9 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 10 Father and son in court charged with murder of man
The church was built by Brock and Sons of Aldeburgh and seated a congregation of 100-150, created originally in memory of a local landowner and benefactor, Mr Samuel Newton Delf. Mr Delf was a friend of Jeremiah Colman, of Colmans Mustard and Mr Colman bequeathed £100 in his will towards the building of the church, which is believed to have cost £545.
The current owners have undertaken a comprehensive programme of refurbishment to create a stylish home which retains the feel of the chapel it once was. It offers original features such as the parquet flooring and leaded windows, a vaulted living room, three bedrooms, a kitchen, vestry and outside, a generous, landscaped garden.
For more information contact William H Brown www.williamhbrown.co.uk or contact the agents on 01986 894608 or William H Brown Select on 01603 221797.