What is the link between Colman’s Mustard and this converted church, now for sale?
A converted church building in Topcroft, Bungay, which is now for sale, was created with the help of funds bequeathed in the will of Jeremiah Colman, of Colman's Mustard.
Delf Memorial Church, Topcroft Road, is for sale for £550,000 with William H Brown, after being converted into a beautiful home. The church was built in 1898, believed to be designed by the renowned architect Edward Boardman who designed the original Norfolk & Norwich Hospital and many other buildings in and around the city including the conversion of the castle into a museum.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
The church was built by Brock and Sons of Aldeburgh and seated a congregation of 100-150, created originally in memory of a local landowner and benefactor, Mr Samuel Newton Delf. Mr Delf was a friend of Jeremiah Colman, of Colmans Mustard and Mr Colman bequeathed £100 in his will towards the building of the church, which is believed to have cost £545.
The current owners have undertaken a comprehensive programme of refurbishment to create a stylish home which retains the feel of the chapel it once was. It offers original features such as the parquet flooring and leaded windows, a vaulted living room, three bedrooms, a kitchen, vestry and outside, a generous, landscaped garden.
For more information contact William H Brown www.williamhbrown.co.uk or contact the agents on 01986 894608 or William H Brown Select on 01603 221797.