One of Norfolk’s oldest pubs transformed into stunning home
Can you tell which former pub this was...a clue is it is one of the oldest in Norfolk and has been fully renovated into a stunning home for sale for a guide price of £725,000.
One of the oldest pubs in Fakenham has been transformed into a fabulous seven bedroom home for sale.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 2 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 3 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 4 New mass vaccination centre opening in Norfolk
- 5 Chef to reopen major hotel that closed amid financial woes
- 6 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 7 Cottage project that is a 'step back in time' coming under hammer
- 8 Revealed: Adult vaccination rates are lower in some areas of Norfolk
- 9 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk
- 10 Police fine 39 second-homers and day-trippers in resort crackdown
The Star, Oak Street, first began its life as a dwelling house in 1689, the first record of it, although it is believed to have been built much earlier, possibly as long ago as 1600, during the reign of Elizabeth I.
After it closed in 2013, the listed building has been completely renovated and has now come on the market for sale for a guide price of £725,000.
It had many uses from a surgeon's shop to wash-house and brew house and has been renovated before...as long ago as in 1800 when it was converted into cottages and it was also a pilgrims' house before it became a licensed premises.
More recently in its history, The Star was closed for several weeks after a third attempt to make a success of the pub in three years fell through.
Now, after extensive work, the Star has been given a new lease of life as a stunning period home with some lovely features, such as original fireplaces and exposed brickwork.
The house offers five-seven bedrooms and four-six receptions. There are wrought iron gates to the front leading to a parking/turning area and elevated gardens to the rear. You have some luxury touches as well with contemporary showers and a rolled top bath with accommodation over three floors.
For more information contact Abbotts in Fakenham on 01328 320035.