Talent trawl for Holt charity show
A charity variety show in north Norfolk is on the hunt for talent from across the county.
The winner of a Norfolk wide talent trawl - for adults and children - will perform in the annual show which is backed by the showbusiness charity the Grand Order of Water Rats.
In the past professional acts at the show have included Roy Hudd and the Bachelors.
It is promoted by the Good Intentions Fundraising Team whose founder Yvonne Tiffany said: 'We are looking for some new blood for the show and opening it up to as many locals as possible to give them an opportunity to perform in a professional show,
'We have done something similar in the past and were able to pick three acts who we have used for various events since. We feel sure we must have some great talent in Norfolk.'
Some local acts guested into the show had gone on to do other entertainment work.
This year's charity show is being staged at the Auden Theatre at Holt on September 25.
- 1 Carriageway of A11 closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 2 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 3 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 4 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 6 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours
- 7 Fire crews called to vehicle blaze on A47
- 8 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 9 11 indulgent spa getaways in East Anglia
- 10 Long-delayed wedding finally takes place... in 1941
Auditions are being staged on March 13 at Aldborough community centre from 11am with a final at 2pm where the judges will include a member of the Rats.
There are categories for singing (4-12 years, 13-17, 18-25, 25 plus and groups), dancing (up to four people, groups and solo) and miscellaneous including magicians, comics, instrumentalists and specialists with no age limit.
Performances must be no longer than four minutes, and applications must be returned by March 1.
More information on 01263 768076