Take a look inside this stylish Brundall mansion - yours for £1.3m!
- Credit: Archant
Traditionally, in a village, the best houses were once owned by a doctor or a vicar - and this one, which is rather splendid in its Arts and Crafts style, was originally built for the former, a Doctor George, Edward Deacon in 1927.
He was a renowned man locally and in fact this house has another 'claim to fame' with a musical link which the vendors are happy to tell you about if you visit!
Sadly, I don't have enough room and I really want to talk about the house itself because what you have is a really good example of a 1920s house with period features seen particularly in its main reception rooms including a lovely sitting room with a fireplace and a study with beautiful cabinets believed to be from Edinburgh university.
It is a very handsome house, seen from the front exterior with those imposing chimneys and yet the vendors have very cleverly brought this house into the 21st century with a stunning rear extension, mimicking the style and brickwork of the original, but giving you a fantastic large open plan kitchen/sitting/entertaining room with bi-fold doors which open right back and bring your garden right into the interior space. There is a super Bryan Turner kitchen with granite work surfaces and all your gadgets and gizmos but then this super living space leading out to the palatial garden. It completely changes this house at the rear and for the better but you still have retained the original features too.
A clever move.
Upstairs are five bedrooms, with a large master complete with a balcony over the rear but also really good storage including a walk-in wardrobe, probably the tidiest I have ever seen! But there is much more to this house when you step outside because guess what, Elvis lives in the games room! Venture to the bottom of the garden (this property boasts about 0.75 acres) and you have a fab games room complete with a bar and...a life size model of Elvis playing the guitar! I think Elvis may be leaving the building when the vendors move but you never know! As well as the games room, you have a large indoor swimming pool and also a proper log cabin which could be converted to use for teenagers. It's all there - an incredible mix of traditional and contemporary and I'm sure it really is just what the doctor ordered...
• Deacon House, Blofield Road, Brundall, is for sale for £1.3 million with Pymm & Co on 01603 717717.
- 1 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 2 Train travellers set for another weekend of rail disruption
- 3 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 4 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 5 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 6 Mum trying to find lost 'heart' of daughter who died days after birthday
- 7 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
- 8 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 9 North Norfolk glamping site named among best in the UK
- 10 Abnormal load to travel through county on first day of Norfolk Show