Take a look inside this stylish Brundall mansion - yours for £1.3m!
- Credit: Archant
Traditionally, in a village, the best houses were once owned by a doctor or a vicar - and this one, which is rather splendid in its Arts and Crafts style, was originally built for the former, a Doctor George, Edward Deacon in 1927.
He was a renowned man locally and in fact this house has another 'claim to fame' with a musical link which the vendors are happy to tell you about if you visit!
Sadly, I don't have enough room and I really want to talk about the house itself because what you have is a really good example of a 1920s house with period features seen particularly in its main reception rooms including a lovely sitting room with a fireplace and a study with beautiful cabinets believed to be from Edinburgh university.
It is a very handsome house, seen from the front exterior with those imposing chimneys and yet the vendors have very cleverly brought this house into the 21st century with a stunning rear extension, mimicking the style and brickwork of the original, but giving you a fantastic large open plan kitchen/sitting/entertaining room with bi-fold doors which open right back and bring your garden right into the interior space. There is a super Bryan Turner kitchen with granite work surfaces and all your gadgets and gizmos but then this super living space leading out to the palatial garden. It completely changes this house at the rear and for the better but you still have retained the original features too.
A clever move.
You may also want to watch:
Upstairs are five bedrooms, with a large master complete with a balcony over the rear but also really good storage including a walk-in wardrobe, probably the tidiest I have ever seen! But there is much more to this house when you step outside because guess what, Elvis lives in the games room! Venture to the bottom of the garden (this property boasts about 0.75 acres) and you have a fab games room complete with a bar and...a life size model of Elvis playing the guitar! I think Elvis may be leaving the building when the vendors move but you never know! As well as the games room, you have a large indoor swimming pool and also a proper log cabin which could be converted to use for teenagers. It's all there - an incredible mix of traditional and contemporary and I'm sure it really is just what the doctor ordered...
• Deacon House, Blofield Road, Brundall, is for sale for £1.3 million with Pymm & Co on 01603 717717.
- 1 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 2 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 3 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 4 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 5 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 6 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 7 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 8 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 9 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast