Swaffham Town Council to hold public meeting over £6 million Days Field housing plans
- Credit: Archant
Swaffham Town Council will hold a public meeting in October to allow residents to express their views on plans for a new 51 home development on Days Field.
Last month, town councillors agreed to apply for a £6 million loan from central government using the general power of competence scheme to fund the proposed development on the council owned land.
The meeting, which will take place on Monday October 8, will give local residents a chance to hear councillors explain these proposals.
Mayor of Swaffham Colin Houghton is in favour of the plans and has spoken of how he hopes the development will allow money to be reinvested into the town.
However, some residents have expressed concerns about the risks involved with the scheme.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting will take place at the town hall from 6.30pm.
- 1 Family tribute to caring and loving Norwich man who was 'one of a kind'
- 2 Teenage girl seriously sexually assaulted near rail track
- 3 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital
- 4 Talented teen baker set to open cake shop in town centre
- 5 Motorcyclist, 17, dies after crashing into lamp post
- 6 The Norfolk market town that used to be in Suffolk
- 7 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 8 Destructive stink bugs could be heading for Norfolk
- 9 Plea for a solution after raw sewage floods family's garden
- 10 'Not in a religious village!' - Residents' shock at drug squad swoop