Swaffham Town Council to hold public meeting over £6 million Days Field housing plans
- Credit: Archant
Swaffham Town Council will hold a public meeting in October to allow residents to express their views on plans for a new 51 home development on Days Field.
Last month, town councillors agreed to apply for a £6 million loan from central government using the general power of competence scheme to fund the proposed development on the council owned land.
The meeting, which will take place on Monday October 8, will give local residents a chance to hear councillors explain these proposals.
Mayor of Swaffham Colin Houghton is in favour of the plans and has spoken of how he hopes the development will allow money to be reinvested into the town.
However, some residents have expressed concerns about the risks involved with the scheme.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting will take place at the town hall from 6.30pm.
- 1 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 2 Historic seaside pub reveals £60,000 B&B rooms
- 3 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 4 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 5 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 6 Partner pays tribute to 'love of my life' after Thorpe stabbing
- 7 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 8 'Disappointment' for town centre with McDonald's branch closure
- 9 Third time lucky? Couple's plea after dream wedding day cancelled again
- 10 Slight increase in Norfolk coronavirus rates after restrictions eased