Spring stunners- Two of the best properties on sale in Norfolk now
- Credit: Archant
Property editor Caroline Culot selects two of the best new properties currently for sale with different agents.
•Dairy Farmhouse and Barns, Heydon
This is an extremely rare opportunity to acquire a charming period farmhouse and adjacent barns from the Heydon Estate - one of the most beautiful and enigmatic country estates in Norfolk and indeed England. Heydon village and its properties have remained in the ownership of the estate since the 15th century.
The estate is most recognisable by its Grade I Elizabethan hall nestled amongst Grade II* registered parkland. This has made the estate and village of Heydon a beautiful and timeless place to live. Its immense popularity has meant that very rarely has a property been available to rent in recent years.Tom Goodley, Partner at Strutt & Parker's Norwich office, says: 'Our land management team here in Norwich already look after and manage the estate from advising on conservation activities, to environmental issues, property and overall strategy. It's a privilege to be the estate agency chosen to sell a property here in Heydon too. We understand that Dairy Farmhouse is the first ever property to be available to buy to the open public, so we expect lots of interest from a wide range of parties. The lucky buyer will own a part of Norfolk's history in a highly sought after area of the country.'
The offering also presents a diverse opportunity to convert the range of traditional agricultural barns into further accommodation with full residential planning permission already in place.
For sale for offers in excess of £925,000 as a whole or for sale separately in three lots with Strutt & Parker on 01603 617431.
•Hunter's Lodge, Old Catton
- 1 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 2 Train travellers set for another weekend of rail disruption
- 3 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 4 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 5 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
- 6 Mum trying to find lost 'heart' of daughter who died days after birthday
- 7 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 8 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 9 Abnormal load to travel through county on first day of Norfolk Show
- 10 North Norfolk glamping site named among best in the UK
This converted coach house oozes character and has just come on the market.
For sale for offers in excess of £700,000 with Arnolds Keys on 01603 620551.