Spring stunners- Two of the best properties on sale in Norfolk now
- Credit: Archant
Property editor Caroline Culot selects two of the best new properties currently for sale with different agents.
•Dairy Farmhouse and Barns, Heydon
This is an extremely rare opportunity to acquire a charming period farmhouse and adjacent barns from the Heydon Estate - one of the most beautiful and enigmatic country estates in Norfolk and indeed England. Heydon village and its properties have remained in the ownership of the estate since the 15th century.
The estate is most recognisable by its Grade I Elizabethan hall nestled amongst Grade II* registered parkland. This has made the estate and village of Heydon a beautiful and timeless place to live. Its immense popularity has meant that very rarely has a property been available to rent in recent years.Tom Goodley, Partner at Strutt & Parker's Norwich office, says: 'Our land management team here in Norwich already look after and manage the estate from advising on conservation activities, to environmental issues, property and overall strategy. It's a privilege to be the estate agency chosen to sell a property here in Heydon too. We understand that Dairy Farmhouse is the first ever property to be available to buy to the open public, so we expect lots of interest from a wide range of parties. The lucky buyer will own a part of Norfolk's history in a highly sought after area of the country.'
The offering also presents a diverse opportunity to convert the range of traditional agricultural barns into further accommodation with full residential planning permission already in place.
You may also want to watch:
For sale for offers in excess of £925,000 as a whole or for sale separately in three lots with Strutt & Parker on 01603 617431.
•Hunter's Lodge, Old Catton
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
This converted coach house oozes character and has just come on the market.
For sale for offers in excess of £700,000 with Arnolds Keys on 01603 620551.