Six Norfolk properties currently for sale on Homes24 that are ripe for renovation
- Credit: Archant
Looking for a new DIY project? There are plenty of renovation and remodelling opportunities currently available across Norfolk for those seeking a challenge. From potential barn conversions, to 17th century cottages in need of a new lease of life, here's a look at some of the properties for sale on Homes24 right now.
• Barn Conversion, Old Post Office Court, Halvergate
For those looking to take on a full-length project, Pymm&Co are currently marketing a Grade II listed barn which has planning permission to be converted into a one-bedroom home. The potential development has an off-road parking space and would be ideal as a holiday home/let due to its Broadland location, close to coastal towns such as Great Yarmouth, Caister-on-Sea and Hemsby.
• 27 Kent Square, Great Yarmouth
This bay-fronted terrace town house in Great Yarmouth boasts four bedrooms, plus two/three reception rooms, kitchen, shower room, basement and attic. The three storey property is currently available for a price of £122,500 with Howards Estate Agents and requires updating or converting.
You may also want to watch:
• The Street, South Lopham
An attractive three-bedroom end terrace thatch cottage in the village of South Lopham is currently being sold by William H. Brown for £160,000. The Grade II listed property contains many original period features, as well as two reception rooms, a rear garden and off road parking but could use a little modernisation in order to really make it something special.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 4 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 7 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 8 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 9 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 10 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
• 1 School Lane, Wiggenhall St Germans
This two-bedroom detached house was originally constructed over 150 years ago and is located in a picturesque riverside setting in Wiggenhall St Germans, close to King's Lynn. The property is in great need of improvement throughout, or could perhaps be completely redeveloped, subject to the usual consents. On the market with Purplebricks for £199,995, the development opportunity offers a kitchen, bathroom, double reception room with a central staircase learning up to two bathrooms, as well as attached outbuildings which also hold great potential and a good sized garden.
• 4 Moor Lane, Sculthorpe, Fakenham
Dating back to the 17th century, this Grade II listed cottage in Sculthorpe is one of the oldest buildings in the village and has been in the current owner's family for over 100 years. Comprised of three bedrooms, kitchen, utility room, dining room, sitting room, conservatory, bathroom, shower room and beautiful gardens, the detached period cottage is on the market with Sowerbys for £295,000 and would benefit from some modernisation.
• The Nook, Blofield Corner Road, Blofield, Norwich
The final property is a detached house in Blofield, which is currently on the market with Hunters for a guide price of £435,000 and has great potential for modernisation. The home, which occupies a secluded position, retains many impressive character features such as exposed timber beams and also boasts an open fire place and pizza oven, as well as three reception rooms, four double bedrooms, kitchen/breakfast room, boot room, utility and cloakroom as well as a large rear garden.
• See the EDP's property supplement in the newspaper every Friday for hundreds of local homes for sale.