Revised proposals for 259 village homes are revealed by developers
- Credit: Archant
Developers have tweaked plans for around 259 homes at Horsford after concerns were raised in the local community.
David Wilson Homes are seeking to build on land to the east of Holt Road, at Green Lane in the village, and initial plans were submitted to Broadland District Council in October.
A campaign group called Save Green Lane was set up in the wake of the planning application being submitted, with many residents promising to fight the proposals.
A letter of objection sent in by members of the campaign group said 'Horsford is an unsuitable location for 259 additional dwellings'.
'A development to the north of the village will require any traffic wishing to access Norwich for employment or recreational purposes to travel through the centre of the village,' they said.
You may also want to watch:
'There are already significant queues of traffic along the Holt Road during peak hours in the morning, when residents are travelling to work at the same time parents are taking their children to school.
'I should not have to point out that there are inherent safety issues having heavy traffic along a route that is used by children to walk, cycle and scooter their way to school.'
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
They added that the plans would had 'significant impact upon this designated County Wildlife Site.'
In amended plans sent to Broadland District Council last week, David Wilson Homes plan to construct a new roundabout at the junction of Holt Road and Green Lane, and carry out 'enhancement work' at Green Lane.
In a new design and access plan, the developers said: 'The access design from Holt Road has been redesigned to a roundabout design resulting in the loss of the existing dwelling – no. 360 Holt Road.'
They added that they have offered to meet with Horsford Parish Council on a one-to-one basis.
'Although this invitation was declined, we made it clear that our offer to meet remained open,' they said.