Listed farmhouse dating back to the 1600s is for sale
- Credit: Minors & Brady
A Norfolk farmhouse that dates back to the 1600s and boasts impressive timber detailing has come up for sale in Tibenham, in the south of the county.
Oak House has a guide price of £950,000 with Minors & Brady and is Grade II listed, set in a plot of around 0.6 acres and surrounded by picturesque field views.
Designed in an L-shape, the property is arranged over three floors and offers five good-sized double bedrooms, four bathrooms and large yet versatile reception spaces.
The property has been carefully updated over the years but still retains much of the country charm you would expect to find in a home of this scale.
Highlights include the large vaulted ceilings on the ground floor as well as the drawing room and sitting room, which both feature mezzanine floors, beautiful inglenook fireplaces and original beams.
You may also want to watch:
Planning permission has previously been granted for the converted barn/drawing room to be turned into an annex, which may offer an attractive prospect for a buyer with a particularly large family.
The large farmhouse-style kitchen features tiled flooring and a large inglenook fireplace. It is also fitted with Shaker-style units as well as an integrated wall-mounted double oven, induction hob, dishwasher and space for a fridge/freezer.
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 3 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 4 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 5 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 6 Local pub splashes back into action
- 7 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 8 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 9 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn
- 10 High school pupils isolating after positive Covid-19 test
Outside, Oak House has a large shingle driveway, offering ample space for several vehicles, and a double garage.
The rear garden is mainly laid to lawn, with a garden shed and greenhouse towards the back and leafy trees which create a woodland feel. Although private, the garden also enjoys rolling field views over neighbouring farmland.
Contact Minors & Brady for more information.
The Street, Tibenham
Minors & Brady, 01362 536026, www.minorsandbrady.co.uk