Norwich ranked as the 37th happiest place to live in UK
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
A survey published today ranks Norwich as the 37th 'happiest place' to live in the UK - 34 places below Ipswich.
The spa town of Harrogate claimed the top spot for the third year running in the survey by Rightmove which asked people how they felt about where they lived.
Findings are based on things like decor, amenities, value, pride and neighbourliness. There were 130 places included in the rankings
Norwich came above Halifax in 38th place but was one place below Dundee.
Rightmove also found that Dundee residents are happiest with how their home is decorated, while Blackpool residents are the most likely say they have plenty of space.
You may also want to watch:
The seaside town of Torquay came top for people saying they are never stuck for recreational activities, compared with Paisley in Scotland which came bottom in this category.
House hunters on the lookout for friendly neighbours might want to search for a home in Llandrindod Wells - as the residents say that is where the most polite people live.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 10 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
Colchester, Cambridge and Peterborough came 62nd, 34th and 93rd respectively.