Norwich fourth most searched-for city for homes outside of London, research reveals
- Credit: Archant
Norwich is the fourth most searched-for city for homes outside of London, according to research from RightMove.
The property website listed the top 10 cities its users searched for outside of the capital in the first three months of 2016, as asking prices continue to rise in London.
The fine city came in fourth place, behind Bournemouth, Sheffield and Bristol.
Its popularity is in part put down to big employers including Aviva, Virgin Money and Naked Wines and a thriving tech sector.
Victorian properties in the Golden Triangle are among the most popular, as well as riverside apartments and converted industrial buildings, according to the site.
Susan Dwen, executive branch manager for the Unthank Road-based Abbotts estate agents, said: 'I think Norwich is a lot like a mini-London, but with a lot better quality of life. There's a quieter pace to life, but there's so much here, so why would you need London? I'm from London and I'd never go back. I love it here.
'People are moving to Norwich because there is great value for money, but I also think it is becoming quite trendy as well. It's become more multi-cultural now.'
- 1 Blaze sees 20 passengers evacuated from city bus
- 2 First-time publicans transform their local and are already winning awards
- 3 'Significant construction' on A47 to begin in 2023
- 4 Parked cars prevent buses from serving north Norfolk village
- 5 All of the Norfolk streets that won the Postcode Lottery in June
- 6 John Bailey: Lord Botham, our cricketing angler/conservationist
- 7 Buses damaged in city centre collision
- 8 Vehicles worth £50k stolen from Royal Norfolk Show
- 9 Farmers could be paid to leave fields fallow to end homes limbo
- 10 New pub landlord welcomes back families and introduces street food menu
She said the dualling of the A11 had helped make the city more accessible.
Sally Jackson, of Fine and Country estate agents in Norwich, said: 'We're seeing families from London and Essex coming here for the schools and great road and rail links back to the south east.'
To see the homes available in the area, visit www.homes24.co.uk
• Why do you think Norwich is so popular? Email email@example.com