Water supply failure hits huge area of Norwich and Norfolk
- Credit: PA
Thousands of homes across Norwich and a large area around have been left without water.
An area stretching from Buxton in the north to Keswick in the south, and from Taverham in the west to Postwick in the east has been hit by what an Anglian Water spokesperson said was a pump failure.
A host of people messaged the company on Twitter, reporting low water pressure or no water all across the affected areas.
The spokesperson replied, saying: "Sorry about this, we have a pump failure in the area, but we're currently working hard to fix it, and expect everything to be back to normal by 9pm."
Some of the areas affected include Thorpe Marriott, Taverham, Horsford, Hellesdon, Catton, Buxton, Cawston, Reepham and South Norwich, as well as postcodes NR1, NR2, NR8, NR10
Anglian Water confirmed the pump was fixed and water back on at just before 8pm.
- 1 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 2 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 3 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 4 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 5 Train travellers set for another weekend of rail disruption
- 6 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
- 7 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 8 Abnormal load to travel through county on first day of Norfolk Show
- 9 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 10 Mum trying to find lost 'heart' of daughter who died days after birthday