Water supply failure hits huge area of Norwich and Norfolk
- Credit: PA
Thousands of homes across Norwich and a large area around have been left without water.
An area stretching from Buxton in the north to Keswick in the south, and from Taverham in the west to Postwick in the east has been hit by what an Anglian Water spokesperson said was a pump failure.
A host of people messaged the company on Twitter, reporting low water pressure or no water all across the affected areas.
The spokesperson replied, saying: "Sorry about this, we have a pump failure in the area, but we're currently working hard to fix it, and expect everything to be back to normal by 9pm."
Some of the areas affected include Thorpe Marriott, Taverham, Horsford, Hellesdon, Catton, Buxton, Cawston, Reepham and South Norwich, as well as postcodes NR1, NR2, NR8, NR10
You may also want to watch:
Anglian Water confirmed the pump was fixed and water back on at just before 8pm.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 4 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 Oh deer! Muntjac escorted out of Tesco after sprinting into bakery
- 10 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers