North Walsham Town Council asking for new street name suggestions via Facebook
Townsfolk will be able to have a say through social media on the names for new streets within a new housing development.
North Walsham Town Council is asking residents to suggest street names for the Hopkins Homes site on Norwich Road, next to the railway station, via its Facebook page.
The authority has been asked by the housing giant, which is building 176 homes on the former HL Foods canning site, to come up with names.
Council clerk, Nick Clancy, suggested at a meeting last night that possible suggestions could be family names connected to the businesses previously based on the site.
As well as HL Foods, the land was historically used for windmills.
You may also want to watch:
Hopkins Homes is aware of a request from the family of Peter Rayna, who used to work at the canning factory and was a town councillor, to name one of the streets after him.
Mr Clancy said he expected suggestions relating to the two popular hornbeam trees which used to stand at the entrance of the HL Foods site.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 4 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 5 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 6 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 7 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 10 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
The clerk said: 'It will be good to get local feedback.'
Street name suggestions should be given over the next two weeks by searching North Walsham Town Council or North Walsham and District Community Archive on Facebook.