Revealed: What Norfolk house buyers are really looking for
- Credit: Barratt & David Wilson Homes
A larger outdoor space is top of Norfolk residents' property wish list, according to a new survey from property developer David Wilson Homes, with 12pc of respondents selecting it as their main desire when house hunting.
The award-winning builder, which has sites at Wayland Fields in Watton and Cringleford Heights in Cringleford, conducted an online survey of 1,715 respondents from across the UK to determine how house buying trends had been affected by the pandemic.
The results from the survey also revealed two other pandemic-fuelled factors affecting their house hunting: finances and jobs.
Joint top of the moving criteria for residents, at 12pc, was a need for a cheaper property due to lower finances, while 11pc were after a property that could enable them to work from home.
The results follow the same house hunting trends that have been seen nationally over recent months, with buyers leaving busy cities and towns for more rural areas and many companies setting out a more agile working approach, encouraging employees to split their time between the office and home - both of which have been reflected in house sales.
You may also want to watch:
It's also expected that these trends will continue. 74pc of respondents in a recent RICS Residential Market Survey predicted a growth in demand towards homes located near green spaces.
For more information about David Wilson Homes, which offers a range of properties and moving schemes, including Help to Buy and Part Exchange, visit www.dwh.co.uk
- 1 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 4 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 5 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 6 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 7 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 8 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 9 Long delays due to overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 10 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery