Beloved family home set in eight acres goes up for sale
- Credit: Strutt & Parker
A detached six-bedroom home dating back to the Victorian era has come up for sale in Brandon Parva.
It's the first time that the property, known as Moncks Hall, has been available on the open market since the 1930s, after it was bought by the vendor's paternal grandfather. It has since become a beloved family home, with Georgian-style living accommodation and sweeping gardens, and is now for sale with Strutt & Parker for offers in the region of £995,000.
Although it could do with some minor updating, the property retains a number of period features, including its original fireplaces, pamment flooring and sash windows with working shutters as well as an internal stained glass window, which is a real joy to see as you ascend the stairs to the first floor.
Other highlights include a large and welcoming entrance hall, well-proportioned reception rooms including a snug, living room and dining room and a kitchen with a separate scullery.
The ground floor is also home to a useful boot room and a large walk-in pantry, and there are six bedrooms and two bathrooms upstairs.
You may also want to watch:
To the rear of Moncks Hall is the Coop - aptly named because it was the former chicken coop - which provides a separate detached one-bedroom annexe. Completely self-contained, it offers a bedroom, kitchen, shower room and living area and would be well-suited to older relatives who still want a bit of independence. It also enjoys its own private courtyard at the rear and gorgeous views over the gardens and pond.
In total, the property sits in almost 8.5 acres and offers plenty of potential. Although it hasn't been used for equestrian purposes in a number of years, Moncks Hall certainly has the potential to, with four separate paddocks, three stables and a large loose box included in its grounds.
- 1 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 2 Chef to reopen major hotel that closed amid financial woes
- 3 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 4 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
- 5 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 6 Couple who drove from Hull to Norfolk for a walk among lockdown breakers
- 7 'Unsatisfactory and dangerous situation' - Man frustrated by unlit roadwork
- 8 Coronavirus: How busy are our local hospitals?
- 9 Police fine 39 second-homers and day-trippers in resort crackdown
- 10 Revealed: how many people have had the Covid-19 vaccine where you live
The gardens also feature two ponds with numerous fish, a large walled garden and productive vegetable garden, featuring plum, pear and apple trees, as well as a separate greenhouse.
Brandon Parva, near Norwich
Offers in the region of £995,000
Strutt & Parker, 01603 950079, www.struttandparker.com