1950s 'time capsule' home for sale by auction - and it even has a pool!
- Credit: Brown & Co
A city home designed and built in the late 1950s will go up for sale for the first time next month - complete with its own private swimming pool.
The four-bedroom property on Upton Close, off Newmarket Road in Norwich, is for sale by auction with Brown&Co at a guide price of £700,000-£750,000.
The property was designed and built by the well-known architect John Winter, who was born in Norwich and lived in San Francisco and London where he was well-known for his modernist designs - including his own self-build house overlooking Highgate Cemetery.
21 Upton Close is typical of the 1950s - complete with 'avocado' bathroom suite - and offers well-arranged yet flexible accommodation over two floors.
It has an open-plan feel, particularly on the ground floor where the reception spaces flow into eachother and links with the single-storey extension to the garage.
The bedrooms are also well laid out and were altered some years ago, incorporating the fifth bedroom into the master room to create a dressing room and en suite bathroom.
The property also offers the potential for further extension - subject to planning - and has an open garden to the front, which leads on to the garage.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 6 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 8 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 9 Three cars crash near Swainsthorpe on Norwich Road
- 10 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
The rear garden is divided into two distinct sections and includes a swimming pool and an old scout hut.
Brown&Co's online auction begins at 11am on Tuesday, December 7.
Upton Close, Norwich
Guide price: £700,000-£750,000
Brown&Co, 01603 629871, www.brown-co.com
Would you like to stay up to date with the latest property news in your area? Sign up to our Eastern Daily Press newsletter for our pick of the best local property stories.