Listed farmhouse gets a modern makeover - and goes up for sale for £1.1m
- Credit: Sowerbys
A Grade II listed farmhouse in Larling, near Thetford, has come up for sale for £1.1m.
Fen Lane Farm, which is set in 2.5 acres, is believed to date back to the 17th century.
The current owners have added an extension to the original farmhouse to create over 3,000 sq ft of contemporary living space, as well as two separate self-contained annexes, which could become holiday lets.
Selling agents Sowerbys say that great care has been taken to retain the farmhouse's original character while creating flexible accommodation, which is light and airy.
There is an entrance hall, large living room and beautifully designed kitchen/breakfast room, which features Shaker-style units and a huge central island.
You may also want to watch:
The original farmhouse is home to a study, cloakroom and extra reception room, which has lovely exposed beams and a wood-burning stove.
Upstairs, the galleried landing is huge and could be used as an additional work-from-home area, if needed. It leads on to the impressive master suite which has a large feature window, overlooking the fields, and an en suite with a separate dressing room.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 3 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 4 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 7 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 8 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 9 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 10 Eight men arrested after multiple stabbing in Norwich
There are also two further bedrooms and a family bathroom.
Outside the property there is a large shingle driveway which provides access to Fen Lane Farm as well as the neighbouring annexes.
Among these is an impressive fitness/entertainment room, complete with kitchen area, and a single-storey, barn-style annexe, which features an entrance hall, dining room, living room, kitchen and double bedroom.
The second annexe has two bedrooms, including one en suite, plus living and dining rooms, a fitted kitchen and separate shower room.
Both annexes could be rented out, either for holiday accommodation or as long-term lets.
Surrounding the property are grounds of around 2.5 acres, which are mainly laid to lawn and feature a large pond and a terrace.
Contact Sowerbys for more details.
Watton Road, Larling
Guide price: £1,100,000
Sowerbys, 01953 547047, www.sowerbys.com
Would you like to stay up to date with the latest property news in your area? Sign up to our Eastern Daily Press newsletter for our pick of the best local property stories.