Buy land on a secret island for £3,000-£6,000
- Credit: Auction House
It's like something out of a Famous Five adventure. Land on the exciting-sounding Heron Island in Norfolk, which many don't even know exists, is being auctioned.
Crabbetts Marsh, on the island near Horning and Wroxham, is a parcel of amenity waterside land accessed only via a bridge.
Currently overgrown, the "tranquil spot" is found off a shared driveway, crossing the bridge from dry land.
Plot 74 is being auctioned on July 28 in a livestream sale.
Heron Island can be found after leaving Wroxham, heading towards Horning. It's located by turning right onto a private road called South Quays Lane, across a bridge.
You may also want to watch:
Bryan Baxter, auctioneer at Auction House, said: "Crabbetts Marsh is a private dyke leading onto the River Bure and Plot 74 is a parcel of amenity waterside land, situated on Heron Island, a part of the marsh accessed via a bridge.
"Currently overgrown this tranquil spot can be accessed via a shared driveway and is within a short distance of the village of Horning and only a mile from Wroxham."
- 1 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 6 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 7 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life