Flats’ bid for former town centre school
- Credit: Archant
Proposals to remodel a former school into six flats have been lodged with planners.
Calthorpe Nursery in Alexandra Road, Great Yarmouth, was among a string of provisions to shut suddenly in November 2019 when the trust running it collapsed into administration.
While some of the settings including the Priory Nursery were saved by Norfolk County Council, Calthorpe House was put up for sale by liquidators, and the staff transferred over.
Between them the two nurseies provided 112 of the 388 childcare places available in Great Yarmouth.
Now, a bid to create six self-contained flats in the building overlooking St George’s Park has been submitted.
It also looks to achieve the conversion of an outbuilding to a create self-contained dwelling.
You may also want to watch:
People have until October 5 to have their say.
Calthorpe Nursery was one of six nurseries in Norfolk which shut, along with the Horatio House school in Lowestoft and Nexus Engineering in Gorleston, when Great Yarmouth Community Trust went into liquidation.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 6 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 7 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 8 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 9 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 10 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
Two nurseries in Lowestoft also closed.
To view the plans click the link here.