19th century Norfolk farmhouse and barn with planning consent goes up for sale for £700,000
- Credit: Archant
An increasingly rare opportunity to renovate a 19th century farmhouse has become available in Attleborough at a guide price of £700,000.
Hill Common Farm offers a period farmhouse and substantial timber frame barn with full residential planning consent, all set in about 4.5 acres of mature meadowland and surrounded by farmland.
The property is conveniently located in a private and peaceful setting on a quiet lane, but has the added advantage of excellent transport links. The A11 is just a short drive away.
The farmhouse itself is believed to date back to the early 1800s, with later additions, and the result is a comfortable home which currently offers four bedrooms, a living room with fireplace, bathroom and kitchen/breakfast room.
Although the property has been well-maintained over the years, it could do with some updating. The integral garage could be incorporated into the main property and there is the possibility of further extension, subject to planning consent, as the house sits in good-sized gardens.
You may also want to watch:
There is a further development opportunity at the south of the property, where there is a traditional barn. Formerly used for storage, this now comes with full planning consent to convert it into an attractive, south-facing four-bedroom home.
For more information, please contact Savills on 01603 229229.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 Revealed: Norfolk's hotspots for Japanese Knotweed in 2021
- 5 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 6 Tractors and harvesters sold as farming family retires after 100 years
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 Matt Hancock faces calls to resign after allegation of affair with aide
Hill Common Farm, Attleborough
Guide price: £700,000
Savills, 01603 229229, www.savills.com