Freebridge Community Housing set for Tenants Awards bash, in King’s Lynn
A housing association is set to hand out awards to its tenants in recognition of their efforts in the community.
Freebridge Community Housing's Tenant Awards will be presented at a special ceremony taking at King's Lynn Town Hall on Friday night.
Categories include Good Neighbour, Community Champion, Inspiration to Others and Young Champion.
There will also be a Winner of Winners category and a special staff achievement award, with the awards being given out by a range of presenters, including West Norfolk Mayor Zipha Christopher.
Nominees for the awards have been put forward by tenants who feel that their neighbours, friends and families deserve recognition.
You may also want to watch:
Around 100 nominations were made by tenants which were then shortlisted by a panel which included tenant, board, staff and independent representatives.
Freebridge chief executive Tony Hall said: 'The tenant awards allow us the opportunity to recognise those individuals who are making a difference within their communities.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 4 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 5 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 6 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 9 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 10 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
'This is the fifth year that we have run the Freebridge tenant awards and as in previous years, I am staggered by the sheer generosity of spirit and commitment to supporting others as demonstrated by our tenants, on a purely voluntary basis.
'At Freebridge, we are working hard to develop and improve homes and support sustainable communities, and it is this kind of behaviour from our tenants which is helping the neighbourhoods in which we work to thrive.
'On behalf of everyone involved with Freebridge, I am delighted to have the opportunity to say 'thank you' to our tenants at the awards.'
Mrs Christopher said: 'I think it is wonderful that the tenants have been nominated for these Awards, which show that they give so much to their communities.
'I am looking forward to congratulating them all in person.'