Four pretty period properties for sale in and around Norwich
- Credit: Fine & Country/ Michael Palmer
If you're considering taking the plunge and buying a new home in the fine city or one of its surrounding suburbs, why not take a look at these pretty period properties currently on the market to get you started with your search...
• 2 Tombland Alley, Norwich
If you've ever wanted to live inside the city's medieval Cathedral Quarter, now's your chance as a stunning Grade II listed property has just become available in the heart of Norwich for a guide price of £495,000. The three-bedroom terrace house, marketed by Fine and Country, was once two separate Merchant houses and dates back to the 1600s. Sympathetically renovated, the property, which retains its original character and charm, is comprised of two reception rooms, a kitchen with separate utility and shower rooms, bathroom and communal courtyard garden. Picturesque views out over a nearby church and the alley can be seen from the property, creating a real sense that one has stepped back in time.
• 24 Yarmouth Road, Thorpe St Andrew
This four-bedroom semi-detached period house is set over four floors, offers almost 1700sq ft of accommodation and boasts stunning views over the river. Located just outside of the city centre, about 1.3 miles from the train station, the property which is being marketed by Jackson-Stops & Staff and has a guide price of £585,000 is comprised of a double sitting room, kitchen, dining room, utility room, toilet, two family bathrooms and a rear garden with terrace and decked area as well as approximately 20ft of private quay.
You may also want to watch:
• Hope House, Bracondale
An impressive four-bedroom Grade II listed town house, originally built in 1834 but completely refurbished to a high standard to include a modern kitchen and bathroom. Marketed by Sowerbys, the terraced house, which is complete with bay windows, period features and a private enclosed garden is on the market for £595,000. Other notable features include permit parking, high ceilings, a drawing room, dining room, en-suite bathroom and traditional old pannelled entrance door leading to a vaulted passage with pamment tiled floor and iron gateway.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 6 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 9 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
• 72 Clarendon Road, Norwich
Savills estate agents are offering this six-bedroom property located in Norwich's sought after Golden Triangle area, which is ideally located for city centre access, for a guide price of £625,000. The brick townhouse dates back to the early Victorian period and has been well maintained, featuring high ceilings and retaining many of the original features. Inside you'll find a cellar, kitchen, dining room, sitting room and two bathrooms, outside a courtyard style garden, partly paved and partly shingled, with a raised seating area, plants and shrubs. As well as all of this, the property also has the added benefits of far reaching city views and a private off-road parking space.
• Find your dream property online today at homes24.co.uk