Former Magpie pub in Norwich could be yours for £500,000
A former Norwich pub has gone on the market with a guide price of £500,000.
The Magpie pub, in Magpie Road, has been empty and boarded up for a decade but the 19th century building is now on the market with Gilson Bailey estate agents.
The listing states: 'The Magpie is an imposing iconic building close by to a selection of amenities including shops, schooling, popular local pubs and restaurants with great access to Norwich City centre and Anglia Square with its continued investment in both retail and residential developments.'
Last year Norwich City Council granted planning permission for the building to be converted into four flats, with two new homes added at the back.
MORE: Norwich pub set to be turned into flatsThe decision was a disappointing one for the Campaign for Real Ale (Camra) who had hoped it could become a thriving pub again.
Until 2010, the city council owned the pub. It was once nicknamed the Weighing Machine and the Weighing Chains because of a weighing machine which hung from the building.
You may also want to watch:
It was used to weigh wagons and their merchandise before they headed into the city via Magdalen Gates.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea