Finkelgate land sells for five times guide price in auction
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A small parcel of land on Finkelgate in Norwich sold under the hammer for more than five times the original guide price at auction this week.
However, two intriguing properties; Scarning Old Rectory and a 151 Yarmouth Road, Thorpe St Andrew did not sell.
Trevor Blythe, from Brown & Co, said: 'Our first auction was well attended. A parcel of land south of the city centre where a house once stood but was demolished due to significant subsidence sold for over five times the original guide price.
'Another intriguing lot was a small store close to Cromer town centre which generated huge response in the run up to the sale and sold for over three times the original estimate, which proves if there is something quirky then it will always have broad appeal and auction is in most instances the best way to determine exact value.
'City centre terraces continue to be ever popular and a north city example requiring updating sold for over £15,000 above the top end of the guide price. Unusually, a hall entrance property just off Unthank Road failed to reach its reserve and is, at the time of going to press, still available.
You may also want to watch:
'The attendance at the auction along with strong bidding on some lots proved that auction continues to provide a clean and sometimes profitable way to dispose of surplus property and we here at Brown & Co will be pleased to discuss the disposal of your property by auction.'
- 1 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 2 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 3 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 4 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 5 Lanes closed after lorry hits A47 central reservation
- 6 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 7 Months of resurfacing work on Norfolk's roads to start
- 8 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 9 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 10 More than two weeks of A47 lane closures to begin from tonight