Grade II listed Norfolk farmhouse goes up for sale for £800,000
- Credit: William H Brown Select
A Grade II listed farmhouse with six reception rooms and a separate barn has come up for sale in Hethel, near Wymondham, for £800,000.
Corporation Farmhouse dates back to the late 17th century and is described by selling agents William H Brown Select as being "beautifully presented", with five good-sized bedrooms and extensive gardens.
Later additions were made to the property in the 18th and 19th centuries, including roof changes and a gault brick facade, and according to Historic England it achieved listed building status in 1951.
Inside, the ground floor features a wonderful sitting room which has glazed double doors opening into the conservatory and a fireplace with a slate hearth and wood-burning stove.
There is also a formal dining room, breakfast room and kitchen, which the owners have re-fitted with stylish base and wall units, wooden worktops and a Butler sink with swan neck tap. It also has a central island with breakfast bar, space for an American-style fridge/freezer and a brick fireplace which houses another wood-burning stove.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, the ground floor has an office which doubles as a TV/cinema room, as well as a utility room and games room complete with shower. This could therefore offer potential as an annexe or ground-floor bedroom.
On the first floor all three of the bedrooms have en suites while on the second floor the two bedrooms, which both have vaulted ceilings, share a shower room.
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 8 Volunteers wanted - to be locked up in a Norfolk police cell
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
Outside, Corporation Farmhouse sits in a substantial plot and includes an external barn which doubles as a workshop, with 9ft arched doorways, lighting and ample power points.
Elsewhere the majority of the gardens are laid to lawn and also include specimen trees, shrubs and well-planted beds. Towards the rear there is an attractive sunken garden which offers a lovely seating area.
For more information, contact William H Brown Select.
Wymondham Road, Hethel
Guide price: £800,000
William H Brown, 01603 221797, williamhbrown.co.uk