Garden swimming pool could be made available to public
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A private outdoor swimming pool in Sprowston could be made available to the public.
Plans have been lodged to erect a building around an existing pool in the garden of a property at Chenery Drive.
The application, submitted to Broadland District Council, said two visitor parking bays will be provided at the site.
The pool will be open Monday to Saturday from 7am to 9pm. Sunday will be reserved for private use by the owners.
One car will be allowed per booking from 7am to 9am and 5pm to 9pm. Two cars will be allowed at all other times.
The planning application said: 'The proposed new pool house has been designed in such a way to minimise any impact on the owner's amenity and also neighbouring properties.
'This proposal is for the benefit of [the] Sprowston community.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 4 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 5 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 6 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 7 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 8 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 9 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 10 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
'The hours of operation are designed to impact neighbours no worse than visitors to the house and ensure than not on road parking will occur.'