Garden swimming pool could be made available to public
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A private outdoor swimming pool in Sprowston could be made available to the public.
Plans have been lodged to erect a building around an existing pool in the garden of a property at Chenery Drive.
The application, submitted to Broadland District Council, said two visitor parking bays will be provided at the site.
The pool will be open Monday to Saturday from 7am to 9pm. Sunday will be reserved for private use by the owners.
One car will be allowed per booking from 7am to 9am and 5pm to 9pm. Two cars will be allowed at all other times.
You may also want to watch:
The planning application said: 'The proposed new pool house has been designed in such a way to minimise any impact on the owner's amenity and also neighbouring properties.
'This proposal is for the benefit of [the] Sprowston community.
- 1 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 2 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 6 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 7 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 8 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 9 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 10 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
'The hours of operation are designed to impact neighbours no worse than visitors to the house and ensure than not on road parking will occur.'