Garden swimming pool could be made available to public
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A private outdoor swimming pool in Sprowston could be made available to the public.
Plans have been lodged to erect a building around an existing pool in the garden of a property at Chenery Drive.
The application, submitted to Broadland District Council, said two visitor parking bays will be provided at the site.
The pool will be open Monday to Saturday from 7am to 9pm. Sunday will be reserved for private use by the owners.
One car will be allowed per booking from 7am to 9am and 5pm to 9pm. Two cars will be allowed at all other times.
You may also want to watch:
The planning application said: 'The proposed new pool house has been designed in such a way to minimise any impact on the owner's amenity and also neighbouring properties.
'This proposal is for the benefit of [the] Sprowston community.
- 1 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 2 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 3 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 4 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 5 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 6 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 7 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 8 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 9 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 10 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
'The hours of operation are designed to impact neighbours no worse than visitors to the house and ensure than not on road parking will occur.'