Garden swimming pool could be made available to public
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A private outdoor swimming pool in Sprowston could be made available to the public.
Plans have been lodged to erect a building around an existing pool in the garden of a property at Chenery Drive.
The application, submitted to Broadland District Council, said two visitor parking bays will be provided at the site.
The pool will be open Monday to Saturday from 7am to 9pm. Sunday will be reserved for private use by the owners.
One car will be allowed per booking from 7am to 9am and 5pm to 9pm. Two cars will be allowed at all other times.
You may also want to watch:
The planning application said: 'The proposed new pool house has been designed in such a way to minimise any impact on the owner's amenity and also neighbouring properties.
'This proposal is for the benefit of [the] Sprowston community.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
'The hours of operation are designed to impact neighbours no worse than visitors to the house and ensure than not on road parking will occur.'