Victorian cottage once part of Norfolk estate for sale for £700,000
- Credit: Savills
A Victorian property which was once part of the Langley estate has come up for sale with Savills at a guide price of £700,000.
Chauffeurs Cottage on Staithe Road in Langley was extended in 2003, for which it picked up the South Norfolk Council Design Award, and now blends the old with the new to offer beautiful, family-sized accommodation.
Perhaps one of the most striking things about the property, and its renovation, is its use of light. Great care has been taken to let in as much as possible, using large windows and two sets of doors off the extension to create free-flowing living space.
"The full height windows in the extension really do make the most of the wonderful surroundings," says property agent Tom Clayton, reflecting on how the property enjoys an acre of land and gorgeous field views.
Other highlights include its contemporary yet country-style kitchen/breakfast room, which leads to an open-plan dining room, and a good-sized living room which, with a feature fireplace and square bay window, retains much of the property's original character.
You may also want to watch:
There are three bedrooms in the original part of the house, as well as a fourth constructed on a mezzanine.
The extension can also be used to create a separate guest wing if desired.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
Outside, the property is free of neighbours to the side and rear and there is a gravel driveway, garage and outbuilding.
The current owners have also planted a variety of fruit trees, including quince, medlar, pear and five varieties of apple.
Contact Savills for more information.
Staithe Road, Langley
Guide price: £700,000
Savills, 01603 229229, www.savills.com