Ever wanted to live like royalty? Secret ‘Castle’ goes on sale in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Those wanting to release their inner king or queen will have the chance to live like royalty if they snap up this regal home.
It looks like a castle and is called The Castle but this property is actually an elegant Georgian residence with a castellated exterior to give it an elevated architectural status.
Located in Holt, it is in walking distance to the town and Gresham's School, situated almost opposite but in a secluded, leafy location.
The Grade II listed home was sold and extensively renovated both inside and out for the holiday let market.
It sits within a gated setting and there is the option to buy other guest apartments as well as this property which offers very
You may also want to watch:
Off a reception hall you have a formal sitting room with an open fireplace and decadent feature windows, a superb fitted 'Shaker' style kitchen/diner with appliances, a utility room and a ground floor double bedroom/study. An elegant cantilevered staircase leads to the first floor where there are three further double bedrooms, a bathroom, shower room and a cloakroom.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
Outside, at the front of the property is a generous gravelled courtyard area with plenty of parking and to one side and the rear are south facing lawned gardens with mature borders. Directly off the formal sitting room is a raised sun terrace over-looking the grounds.
• The Castle is on the market with Sowerbys for £795,000. For more information call 01263 710777.